Tired of being pulled along by your dog?
Want to be able to enjoy your walk?
At Tails Up we have an answer for you.
- No more pulling your arm out of its socket!
- No more choking on his collar!
- No more cutting across in front of you!
- No more darting off to meet a friend or sniff the next post!
What we offer:
- A 5 week course;
- A very small class - no more that 4 dog & owner teams;
- Intensive training in exactly what you need to do;
- Two fully qualified instructors (i.e. you only have to share your instructor with one other person.)
What you learn:
to train your dog to trust you.
You do this by training her / him to:
- focus on you - even with lots of distractions;
- know when it is OK to roam around & sniff & when he has to come to heel;
- move automatically between sniffing & coming back to you;
- come back to your side, even without having to be called.
You must work with your dog daily for the length of the course.There are 5 weekly sessions of 30 minutes each. Between sessions, you need to:
- STOP taking your dog for her/his usual walks;
- Do some simple exercises inside each day for the first week;
- Do the same exercises plus one extra one, out side but still in your yard for the second week;
- In the third week, move with these exercises to a place outside your yard;
- Work, in the fourth week on additional exercises you will learn in class in week 4.